19.10.12

October, 19th NOW WITH ANSWERS

This week we've been finding out whether we are good language learners and learning how to describe someone's personality. We have also learned how to talk about habits in the present and in the past. Please, revise pages 11, 12 and 13 (speaking section only)

If you want to learn more personality adjectives, click here.

Click here to try some exercises about present and past habits.

Here's something for the weekend. Listen to Michael Buble singing "Call me irresponsible" and try to fill in the gaps in the lyrics. They are all personality adjectives. You can post your answers in a comment when you're done. Have a lovely weekend!




Here you have the answers. Thanks Noelia and Alejandro for trying. You nearly got it right.

Call me  (1) IRRESPONSIBLE
Call me (2)UNRELIABLE
Throw in (3)UNDEPENDABLE, too

Do my (4)FOOLISH alibis bore you?
Well, I'm not too (5) CLEVER, I
I just adore you

So, call me (6)UNPREDICTABLE
Tell me I'm (7)IMPRACTICAL
Rainbows, I'm inclined to pursue
Call me (8)IRRESPONSIBLE
Yes, I'm (9)UNRELIABLE
But it's undeniably true
That I'm irresponsibly mad for you


2 comments:

Noelia said...

Call me (1) ________irresponsible_______
Call me (2)___unreliable____________
Throw in (3)dependable_______________, too

Do my (4)______fool_________alibis bore you?
Well, I'm not too (5) __________clever_____, I
I just adore you

So, call me (6)___unpredictable____________
Tell me I'm (7)_practicable______________
Rainbows, I'm inclined to pursue
Call me (8)___________irresponsible____
Yes, I'm (9)______unreliable_________
But it's undeniably true
That I'm irresponsibly mad for you

Alejandro said...

Hi:

This is my guess:

Irresponsable
Unreliable
Undependable
Fool
clever
Unpredactible
Impracticable
Irresponsable
Unreliable


Fool could be the hardest word to catch.

Can Irresponsable and Unreliable be considered as synonymous?

A.S.