1. All about my mother pays tribute to a tradition of ____________, romances and melodramas starring the great screen _________________ of the era.
2. Almodovar’s films usually add a few kinks to the traditional ______________.
3. A young and _____________ Penelope Cruz plays an HIV positive pregnant nun.
4. Cecilia Roth gives a wonderful central ______________
5. Manuela leaves Madrid in the wake of a terrible _________________ and falls in with a _______________________.
6. In the company of actresses, Manuela finds friendship and a renewed sense of ____________________
7. For Almodovar, sometimes you have to _____________ someone else in order to be yourself.
8. The women in this film are not ___________________, some of them not even in the literal sense.
9. This film is about how you can _____________________ with the great heroines of the stage and the screen.
10. For Almodovar, __________________ is a matter of experience, not a biological fact.
If you have a little time to spare, you can also watch this review for the classic Ben Hur. Have fun.