16.10.12

Coldplay - Viva La Vida



Listen to the song and complete the gaps. All the words contain the schwa sound!


I used to rule _______ world
Seas _________ rise when I gave the word
Now in the morning I sleep __________
Sweep the streets I used to own
I used _______ roll the dice
Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes
_________ as the crowd would sing:
"Now the old king is dead! Long live the king!"
One minute I held the key
Next the walls _________ closed on me
And I ___________ that my castles stand
Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand

I hear Jerusalem bells _________ ringing
________ Cavalry choirs are singing
Be my __________ my sword and shield
My missionaries in a __________ field
For some ________ I can’t explain
Once you’ve gone there was ________,
________ an honest word
That was when I ruled the world
(Ohhh)

It ______ a wicked and wild wind
Blew down the doors to let me in.
Shattered windows and the sound ________ drums
People couldn’t  believe what I'd become
Revolutionaries wait
For my head on a _______ plate
Just a puppet on a lonely string
Oh who would ________ want to be king?

I hear Jerusalem bells _________ ringing
________ Cavalry choirs are singing
Be my __________ my sword and shield
My missionaries in a __________ field
For some ________ I can’t explain
I know Saint _____ won’t call my name
Never an honest word
But that was when I ruled the world
Oooooh Oooooh Oooooh"

You can check your answers here

3 comments:

Alejandro said...

Hi:

I've been hearing the song several times once in a while and everytime I hear it I can identify any new sound.

Would it be possible to upload other songs in order to play, play and play again?. Maybe for someone like me... it is one of the best ways to "open the ears"

Thanks in advance

Alex

Susana Royo said...

Songs are excellent for pronunciation practice, Alejandro. Try these links if you want more practice with songs, check these links out:

http://www.subingles.com/
http://www.lyricstraining.com/

Alejandro said...

Hello all.

I have registered at lyrisctraining and I found it a very very useful page where training with all levels is possible.

Anyway for starting I've seen some of the most "easiest" English songs and one of them had a recent "concert" highly famous.
It is this one:
http://youtu.be/pAf-F0Mzch8

Alex