5.10.10

The English study group

Some students of English meet at the cafeteria. Each one has a particular problem with the language: grammar, spelling, punctuation, vocabulary or stressing words correctly. Watch the video and see the hilarious results.




Too difficult?
It gets easier now. Here's the script:


- Hi, aren’t we all on the same English course?
- Yeah, we are, how’s it going.
- Not bad, but I sometimes have trouble with grammar, isn’t it?
- Really?
- Sometimes I spot-on and other times I don’t, aren’t they?
- I’m all right with my grammar. My problem is “spilling” Can’t spill to save my loaf (I can’t spell to save my life) I have to rely on me spill chock on me compluter (I have to rely on my spell check on my computer)
- Don't worry about it too much, I´m sure we'll treat you with a lot of understanding and comPASSION!
- Right! The problem is with me spilling, not me herring (hearing).
- You've got trouble with the punctuation, isn't it?
- Yeah, sorry. I sometimes put an exclamation mark at the end by MISTAKE!
- It's all right for you lot. I've got a very small vocabulary.
- What’s that like?
- It's all right for you lot. I've got a very small vocabulary.
- Sometimes I have trouble with my emPHAsis
- Your emPHAsis?
- Yes, on various different parts of the senTENces. In my job that can cause quite a lot of awkARDness.
- What do you do?
- I’m a speech theRApist.
- A peach therapist who can’t spike preperly? I’m surprised your boss hasn’t sucked (sacked) you.
- It's all right for you lot. I've got a very small vocabulary.
- Can I make a SUggestion? Why don’t you PURchase a dictioNAry? You’ll save yourself a lot of embarRASSment
- I know! We can all try studying together, isn’t it? How does it next week sounds?
- GOOD IDEA!
- Prefect.
- FaBUlous
- It's all right for you lot...
- SHUT UP!!!


3 comments:

José Luis said...

Yeah, now it's not that difficult! Just kidding...
JL

José Luis said...

Anyway, the difference in sound (listening to howjsay site) between suck and sack (i.e) is so slight that I'm worry about using myself that word, sack...
JL

Susana Royo said...

That's what they're making fun of. The difference in sound might be slight, but the difference in meaning is enormous! So, this difference is worth practising!